Answer Key of Naib Tehsildar and Tehsil Welfare Officer (pre) 17/06/2018
Answer Key of Naib Tehsildar and Tehsil Welfare Officer
1. Which raja of Nurpur princely state built the Taragarh Fort in the territory of Chamba princely state?
2. What is the name of Yogi who guided raja Sahil Varman of chamba princely state regarding the site of new capital of his state?
3. Which Mughal emperor got a mosque built inside the Kangra Fort?
4. Which European traveler travelled from Nahan to Jammu via Nurpur around 1783 AD?
5. Which raja of Kullu was taken prisoner by the Suket princely state around 850-900AD?
6. Around which century was a treaty signed between Raja Kehri Singh of Bushahr and Tibet?
7. Where was a decisive battle fought between the Gurkhas and the British during the first quarter of nineteenth century?
8. Who founded the ruling dynasty of Hindur princely state?
9. Which two Thakurais were made subordinate to Jubbal princely state in 1896 AD?
RAWINGARH AND DHADI
10. Which raja of Bushahr acted with hostility towards the British during 1857 mutiny?
11. Which one of the following was sentenced to death in Lahore conspiracy case, which was later on reduced to life imprisonment?
(A) HIRDAY RAM
(C) MATHRA DAS
(D) MIAN JAWAHAR SINGH
12. When did Narendra Mandal (Chamber of princes) come into existence?
13. According to 2011 census which district of H.P has the lowest percentage of SC population?
14. Which mountain pass is located at the highest altitude?
15. Which lake is located between Dodra Kawar and Sangal (Kinnaur)?
16. Given below are the names of some rivers and their tributaries. Find the mismatch.
17. Which glacier feeds the pabbar river?
18. Near which town of Mandi District of H.P is Shikari Devi Sanctuary?
19. With which region of H.P is Phulech festival mainly associated?
20. When does the Minjar fair begin in Chamba?
SECOND SUNDAY OF SAWAN MONTH
21. Which among the following schools of painting deal with Nayak-Nayika theme of Rasikpriya of Keshavdas?
22. Which one of the following temples is in Pagoda style?
(B) Lakshna Devi(Bharmaur)
(C) Shikari Devi(Chhitrari)
(D) Hateshwari Devi (Hatkoti)
23. Approximately how many services are covered in H.P under Public Service Guarantee Act?
24. At which place in Chamba District of H.P there is a sheep-breeding farm?
25. In which District of H.P is Suketi Fossil Park?
26. Which princely state owned the Bantony building of Shimla town and used it as summer palace?
27. Who founded the Shri Dhami Prem Pracharni Sabha in July 1939 AD?
28. What is the approximate percentage of marginal holdings in H.P?
29. In which district of H.P is Berra Dol where a 5 MW solar project is proposed?
30. When was Beti Hai Anmol Yojana introduced in H.P?
31. Which President of India worte the book “The Turbulent years, 1980-1996?
32. Who was first President of BJP when it was established on 6th April 1980?
SHYAMA PRASAD MUKHERJI
33. Among the following who has been the Commanders-in-Chief of Indian Army after Independence?
(A) GENERAL SIR ROB LOCKHART
(B) GENRAL SIR ROY BUCHER
(C) GENRAL(LATER FIELD MARSHAL) K.M. CARIAPPA
(D) ALL OF THE ABOVE
34. In the Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast 2018 in which sport all the participants of India got medals.
35. Who won the “Khel Ratna Award” in 2017?
DEVENDRA JHAJHARIA &SARDAR SINGH BOTH
36. Who was the Chief Guest in the 68th Republic Day parade on 26th January 2017?
PRINCE OF ABU DHABI
37. Who has been recently appointed as Head of BCCI by the Hon’ble Supreme Court?
38. Which opposition candidate contested Presidential election against ruling party’s candidate Ram Nath Kovind?
39. Which Indian city has been declared as World’s Heritage City by UNESCO in 2017?
40. Who is appointed as chief of Film censor Board in India in 2017?
41. Who has been awarded ‘Dada Saheb Phalke Award for 2017?
42. Recently which longest road tunnel between Srinagar and Jammu was opened by the Prime Minister?
43. Which South Asian Satellite has been launched by ISRO in May 2017?
44. Which has been thrust of “Paryatan Parv” organized by Ministry of Tourism from 5-25 October 2017?
EK BHARAT SHRESTHA BHARAT
45. Among the following who was/were conferred ‘Padma Vibhushan Awards’ in 2017?
SHARAD PAWAR, MURLI MANOHAR JOSHI, P.A SANGMA(all)
46. Which date is being celebrated as International Day of Yoga?
47. Who was given Bhupen Hazarika National Award,2017?
YESHE DORJEE THONGSHI
48. Who is the Chief Election Commissionner of India?
OM PRAKASH RAWAT
49. For the first time in October 2017 Ferry service in Gujarat has been started between which places?
50. Who has been chosen for Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2017?
51. Which person of Indian origin got Australia’s highest civilian honour for his contribution in the field of medicine and work for the community?
PURSHOTTAM SAWRIKAR, MAKHAN SINGH KHANGURE, VIJAY KUMAR(ALL)
52. Who has been conferred with France’s highest civilian honour- Legion d’Honneur in 2017?
53. Among the following which Indian Judge has been elected to International Court of Justice?
54. “Paradise Papers” recently leaked are related to which matter?
INVESTMENTS IN SECRET TAX HEAVENS
55. Which countries have declared these intentions to leave UNESCO?
USA AND ISRAEL
56. Which organization won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017?
57. Ninth Summit of BRICS in 2017 was held in which country?
58. How many countries are members of SAARC?
59. Who is Secreatary General of UN?
60. At present who is Prime Minister of Pakistan?
SHAHID KHAQAN ABBASI
61. In the 73rd constitutional amendment 1/3 seats for the women are reserved in Panchayats under which Article?
62. ‘Electoral College’ for the election of President of India consists of :
ALL THE ELECTED MEMBERS OF BOTH HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT AND ELECTED MEMBERS OF STATE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLIES
63. Which Article of Indian Constitution empowers President all the executive powers?
64. Who gives final verdict on Money Bill?
SPEAKER OF LOK SABHA
65. Within which time period an ordinance promulgated by the President be laid down before both the Houses of Parliament after their reassemble?
66. How many writs can Supreme Court of India issue under Article 32?
67. Idea of Directive Principles of State Policy has been borrowed from Constitution of which country?
68. Which Article of Indian Constitution provides the right to form a political party?
ARTICLE 132, ARTICLE 111, ARTICLE 32,(NONE OF THESE)
69. Article 1 of the Constitution describes India as:
UNION OF STATES
70. What was the total strength of Lok Sabha on 31st December 2017?
71. The First Factory Act was passed in the time of :
72. Who of the following does not represent the Nationalist critique of the Colonial Economy?
73. Who presided over the Congress Session in 1905 which supported the Swadeshi and Boycott Movement for Bengal?
74. What name was given to the headquarters of Ghadr paper in the USA?
75. When was the first walkout organized in the Legislative Council during the colonial period?
76. Curzon-Wylie was killed in London by:
MADAN LALA DHINGRA
77. Of the following, who was not the member of the Interim Government in 1946?
78. The Rehnumai Mazdeyasan Sabha represented the spirit of Reform among :
79. Of the following persons, who is not matched correctly with his newspaper?
(A) DADABHAI NAOROJI-INDIAN MIRROR
(B) B.G TIALK –KESARI
(C) SISIR KUMAR GHOSH-AMRIT BAZAR PATRIKA
(D) G.K. GHOKHALE-SUDHARK
80. From which Art Abanindranath Tagore did not seek inspiration?
81. Who founded several Vedanta societies in the West?
82. The Deoband Programme of study was reduced to :
83. The first Director-General of the Archaeological Survey of India was :
84. Which of the following opened a co-education school in Moga (Punjab) in 1889 for improving position of women ?
85. The first book written by Mahatma Gandhi,was :
86. Which of the following social reforms was not considered essential by Gandhi for transformation of society ?
ABOLITION OF VARNA SYSTEM
87. The Dandi March was started by Gandhi on :
MARCH 12, 1930
88. In which special session of the Congress, Gandhi presented for approval his idea of Satyagraha against the government?
89. When did Gandhi realize that his struggle in India was not based on the Non-violence of the Brave?
90. Which is not the feature of Gandhi’s theory of Trusteeship?
(A) CHANGE OF CAPITALIST SOCIETY INTO AN EQUALITARIAN ONE
(B) FIXATION OF UPPER AND LOWER LIMITS OF INCOMES
(C) CHARACTER OF PRODUCTION TO BE DETERMINED BY SOCIAL NECESSITY
(D) GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE MADE THE OWNER OF THE LIVES OF PEOPLE
91. Which of the following rates is not determined by RBI?
92. Who is known as the father of ‘White Revolution’ in India ?
93. When did the Kisan Credit Scheme for farmers start in India ?
94. The concept of Small Scale Industries (SSI) was brought to force by the:
INDUSTIRAL POLICY RESOLUTION,1956
95. Who recommens the MSP and issue prices?
COMMISSION FOR AGRICULTURAL COSTS AND PRICES
96. Indian economy is a type of :
97. When has the Population Policy been implemented?
15TH FEBURARY, 2000
98. What is the basic objective of Public Distribution System in India?
TO ENSURE FOOD SECURITY FOR POOR
99. The second green revolution is focused on :
(A) AGRICULTURE STABILITY
(B) ENVIRONMENT ISSUES
(C) REDUCING RURAL IMBALANCES
(D) ALL OF THE ABOVE
100. Which sector of Indian economy has disguised employment?
101. One horsepower of electric power is equal to :
102. When a bar magnet suspended freely with a thread, it will always rest along :
103. The main constituent of the compressed natural gas (CNG) is :
104. The short sightedness(myopia) defect in human eyes can be corrected by using
105. Which one is responsible for souring of milk?
106. Which of the following is the most abundant metal in Earth’s crust?
107. Atoms of different elements with different atomic numbers, which have same mass number are known as :
108. Which of the following pollutants is the major cause of respiratory diseases?
SUSPENDED FINE PARTICLES
109. Who discovered the nucleus in the cell?
110. Bats search their prey and fly in dark night by emitting and detecting reflections of:
111. Trishul peak lies in the state of :
112. Which one of the following is not biosphere reserve?
113. Ramsaar Convention was held in :
114. Kareva soil is found in the state of :
JAMMU & KASHMIR
115. Which one of the following is not a deciduous tree?
116. Which one of the following rivers flows from east to west?
117. Which one of the following separates the Andaman from Nicobar Islands?
10 DEGREE CHANNEL
118. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(B) RIHAND DAM-KEN
(C) PACHET DAM-DAMODAR
(D) TEHRI DAM-BHAGIRATHI
119. Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre is at :
120. How much of India’s coastline is vulnerable to Disasters?