HIMACHAL PRADESH ECONOMIC SURVEY 2019-20
(For better explanation, Chapter wise video lectures of this economic survey have been uploaded in the youtube channel of RANA ACADEMY SHIMLA )
- Economic Survey 2019-20 reviews the developments in the Himachal Pradesh economy over the previous 12 months.
QUES. WHO PREPARES ECONOMIC SURVEY OF HP ?
It is prepared by the Department of Economic and Statistics, Government of Himachal Pradesh.
QUES. WHO PREPARES ECONOMIC SURVEY OF INDIA ?
The Economic Survey of India is the flagship annual document of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance presents the Survey in the Parliament every year, just before the Union Budget. It is prepared under the guidance of the Chief Economic Adviser of India.
IMPORTANT PERSONALITIES RELATED TO ECONOMIC SURVEY OF HP :
- Prabodh Saxena : IAS Principal Secretary (Finance, Economic & Statistics) to the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
- Vinod Kumar Rana : Economic Adviser Government of Himachal Pradesh
- It is presented in the legislative assembly (Vidhan Sabha) of HP on 5th March 2020 (Budget session) by CM Jairam Thakur.
- This document contains 2 parts : Part-I contains the salient features of the State Economy of Himachal Pradesh during 2019-20 and Part–II contains statistical Tables on various subjects.
- THIS SURVEY CONTAINS TOTAL 16 CHAPTERS
CHAPTER 1 & 2 GENERAL REVIEW & STATE INCOME, PUBLIC FINANCE AND TAXATION
Economic Situation at National Level
- Economic growth 2018-19 = 6.1 %
- Economic growth 2019-20 = 0 % ( advance estimates )
- Per Capita Net National Income at current prices in 2017-18 : ` 1,15,293
- Per Capita Net National Income at current prices in 2018-19 : 1,26,521 (an increase of 9.7 percent)
- The per capita income in real terms i.e. at constant (2011-12) prices for 2017-18: ₹ 87,828
- The per capita income in real terms i.e. at constant (2011-12) prices for 2018-19 : ₹ 92,085 (an increase of 4.8 percent ).
- The inflation rate, as measured by the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) on year–on-year basis, remained below 3 percent in the most part of the current financial year 2019-20 (April-Dec.)
- Inflation based on All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial workers (CPI, IW) for the year 2018-19 is 5.6 percent as against 2.9 percent in 2017-18.
Economic Situation in Himachal Pradesh
- Economic growth in 2016-17 = 6.8 %
- Economic growth in 2018-19 = 7.1 %
- Economic growth in 2019-20 =6 % ( advance estimates )
- Per Capita Income at current prices during 2017-18 = ` 1,65,025
- Per Capita Income at current prices during 2018-19 = `1,83,108 (showing an increase of 11 percent).
- Per Capita Income at current prices during 2019-20 = 1,95,255 (advance estimates)- showing an increase of 6 percent.
- Sector wise Contribution-2018-19 (FRE / First Revised Estimate)
- Primary sector – 12.64 %
- Secondary Sector- 03 %
- Tertiary sector – 43.33 %
|PRIMARY SECTOR||SECONDRY SECTOR||TERTIARY SECTOR|
- As per the Second Revised Estimates Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) at current prices, is estimated at `1,53,845 crore in 2018-19 as against `1,38,351 crore in 2017-18 showing an increase of 11.2 Percent during the year.
- GSDP at constant (2011-12) prices in 2018-19 is estimated at ` 1,17,851 crore against `1,10,034 crore in 2017-18 registering a growth of 1 percent during the year as against the growth rate of 6.8 percent of previous year.
- The increase in total State Domestic Product is mainly attributed :
- to 13.3 percent in Community & Personal Services sectors,
- 3 percent in Finance & Real Estate,
- 6 percent increase in Transport and Trade,
- 2 percent in Manufacturing sector,
- 0 percent in Construction
- 3 percent increase in Electricity, Gas & Water Supply.
- The primary sector has negative growth of 1.7 percent.
- Foodgrains production, which was 15.81 lakh MT during 2017-18 increased to 16.92 lakh MT during 2018-19 and is targeted at 16.36 lakh MT in 2019-20.
- The Fruit Production decreased to 4.95 lakh MT in 2018-19 as against 5.65 lakh MT in 2017 18, showing a decrease of 12.4 percent in 2018-19.
- The fruit production during 2019-20 (up to December, 2019) is almost double at 07 lakh MT.
- The economic growth in the State was predominantly governed by agriculture activities. The economy has shown a shift from agriculture sector to industries and services as the percentage contribution of agriculture in total State Domestic Product has declined from 57.9 percent in 1950-51 to 4 percent in 2018-19.
The share of industries has increased from 1.1 in 1950-51 to 29.8 in 2018-19.
The share of services sectors has increased from 5.9 percent in 1950-51 to 44.0 percent in 201819.
NOTE : The declining share of agriculture sector do not, however, affect the importance of this sector in the State economy as the growth in primary sector of the State economy is still determined by the trend in agriculture and horticulture production. It is one of the major contributors to the total domestic product and has overall impact on other sectors via input linkages, employment, trade and transportation etc. Due to lack of irrigation facilities, our agricultural production to a large extent still depends on timely rainfall and weather conditions. High priority has been accorded to this sector by the Government.
SOME OF THE MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS TAKEN DURING THE YEAR ARE:-
Shikhar Ki aur Himachal: A Mobile App launched by CM Jairam Thakur on 7 January 2020 to know the activities of Himachal Government. This app contain all the latest information about the CM programs, cabinet ministers programs, activities and govt. related services. Apart from this, you can also see articles, videos and photos related to the government in the app.
My Gov Portal: MyGov platform is a unique path-breaking initiative which was launched on July 26, 2014, by none other than the honourable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
In January 2020, Mr Jairam Thakur, the CM of HP launched Himachal MyGov portal in Shimla with a view to strengthen public participation in the governance process. The portal enables the people of the state to communicate their views, suggestions, feedback as well discontentment, if any.
A new link ‘himachal.mygov.in’ is introduced for this. On this portal, the general public can also give their valuable suggestions for making the policies and programs more effective and result oriented.
Note : with this Himachal has become the 11th state to launch My Gov portal.
Himachal Health Care Scheme (HIMCARE): under the scheme 5.50 lakh families have been registered and 54,282 beneficiaries have availed cashless treatment.
Whai is HIMCARE ?
Under Ayushman Bharat, families have been selected by the Government of India on the basis of
SECC, 2011 and RSBY. For providing the cashless treatment coverage on the analogy of Ayushman Bharat to the left out families, the State is implementing Himachal Health Care Scheme (HIMCARE) since 1st January, 2019.
( Ayushman Bharat scheme was launched by PM Narendra Modi on 23rd September 2018 from Ranchi with the aim of providing Rs 5 lakh healthcare cover to 10 crore families. It is world’s largest state funded health insurance scheme.)
Under HIMCARE Scheme, cashless treatment coverage up to Rs. 5.00 lakh per year per family is being provided on family floater basis. In case of more than five members, the remaining members are being enrolled as a separate unit subject to the capping of five members for each such additional unit.
This scheme is being implemented on co-payment basis. Under this scheme, differential premium rates have been decided based on the categories.
|Category||Target group||Premium amount|
||Rs. 365 per year|
|III||Beneficiaries not covered under category-I and category-II or who are not Govt. servants/pensioners or their dependent family members.||Rs. 1000 per year|
HP MEDHA PROTSAHAN YOJNA: under the scheme assistance of ₹1.00 lakh is to provided to class 12 and Graduation meritorious students for all competitive exams. To avail this scheme, the candidate should be a bonafide Himachali and total family income of the meritorious students from all sources must not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum.
HP BUY BACK SINGLE USE PLASTIC: The scheme was introduced on the 150th Birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in 2019 to eradicate Single Use and Non-Recyclable waste and fixed minimum price @ ₹ 75/-per Kg. to buyback such waste.
(Since October 2, 2009, there has been a complete ban on the use of polythene bags.
HP has already imposed ban on use of plastic bags and cutlery made of plastic and thermocol)
MUKHYAMANTRI SEVA SANKLAP HELPLINE (Dial 1100):
A toll free facility was introduced to address problems of people & talk to CM on mobile phone and by e-mail to CM via Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
“HIMACHAL GRIHANI SUVIDHA YOJNA” : Under this scheme, 2,64,115 free gas connection for the year 2018-19 and 2019-20, upto December, 2019 have been provided in the State.
The state government of Himachal Pradesh declared that it’s the first state in the country to have 100% LPG gas coverage.
What is the Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana?
The Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana is a scheme to provide LPG gas connection to houses. It was launched in May, 2018 to encourage people to use LPG gas fuelled stoves instead of chulhas. This reduces indoor air pollution from the open chulhas.
Note : Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs (DFSC) is the nodal agency for this scheme.
Are beneficiaries of the PM Ujjwala Yojana covered by this scheme?
The Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana was launched to cover those households that were left out by the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Who are not covered by the scheme?
The scheme provides connection only to women unless the household has no women. Except families having a pensioner, income taxpayer or any member employed with the government, board, corporation etc, all households of the state without an LPG connection were eligible.
On December 27 2019, when the state government completed two years, Union Home Minister Amit Shah at Ridge ground distributed gas connections to 3 women (Meena Devi, Reeta Devi and Dharmavati) of Shimla rural constituency. With this, HP became first state in the country to have 100% LPG gas coverage. There are around 18 lakh ration cards in the state, and almost an equal number of LPG connections have been issued.
( Note : earlier, In October 2016, HP became second open defecation free (ODF) state in India after Sikkim ).
BETI HAI ANMOL YOJNA: the scheme is implemented to change the negative attitude towards girl child at birth and to improve enrolment and retention in schools and a post birth grant of ₹ 12,000/- and free education from 1st class to Graduation is provided to two girls belonging to BPL families. An amount of ₹854.73 lakh has been spent upto 30.12.2019 for 2,420 Post Birth and 17,680 scholarships of girls in the State.
MOTHER TERESSA ASAHAYA MATRI SAMBAL YOJNA: under the scheme government provide assistance to destitute (poor) and of BPL family women ₹6000/- per child per annum.
The eligibility criteria for coverage of beneficiaries under the Mother Teresa Asahaya Matri Sambal Yojana is as follows:
- The beneficiary women should be a citizen of Himachal Pradesh.
- The Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are eligible for this scheme.
- Widowed women and Divorced women from the state of Himachal Pradesh are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Women whose husbands have been missing for more more than two years can also be benefited under this scheme.
- Income from a woman should not exceed 35,000 per annum to get the benefits of the scheme.
The benefits of obtaining the Mother Teresa Asahaya Matri Sambal Yojana :
- The scheme grants benefits in the form of financial assistance to the widows, needy woman and destitute in upbringing their children by providing education till they attain the age of 18 years.
- Under this scheme, the Himachal Pradesh Government will provide 6000 per child per annum for two children. Application Procedure
The applicants have to visit the women and child welfare department office to apply for the scheme.
The application forms can be downloaded from the official website of women and child welfare department.
MUKHYA MANTRI KANYADAN YOJNA: the programme provides a marriage grant of ₹ 51,000/- to the guardians of the destitute girls whose father is unable to earn the livelihood of their family due to physical or mental inability. The families whose annual income does not exceed Rs`35,000 are covered in this scheme. An amount of ₹ 434.10 lakh has been spent on 1,039 beneficiaries upto December, 2019.
MUKHYA MANTRI SWAVLAMBAN YOJNA: To encourage the youngsters male entrepreneurs, the government has decided to give subsidy upto 25 percent on machinery cost and 30 percent for Female investors.
MUKHYA MANTRI START-UP YOJANA: Under this scheme 27 Start-ups have been started in 8 Incubation Centres and 3 promising entrepreneurs have been awarded and inspection relief for 3 years will be granted.
JAN MANCH YOJNA: It was started on 3rd June, 2018 with the objective to establish a direct dialogue with the public and provide on spot redressal to their grievances. As many as 181 Jan manch programme were held in 68 Vidhan sabha areas. Till date 45,708 complaints received out of which 41,698 (91 percent) complaints were redressed on the spot.
SOCIAL SECURITY SCHEME:
Age group 60- 70 years : ₹850 per month of pension is given to those persons whose annual income is below ₹ 35000 per annum.
Age group 70 years and above : ₹1,500 per month is given without any income criteria.
SWACHH BHARAT MISSION: The objective of the Municipal Solid Waste Management (MSWM) strategy is to create waste free cities/towns and provide clean and pollution free environment in the entire urban areas of Himachal Pradesh.
SMART CITY MISSION: the objective is to promote cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens, a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions. Dharamshala and Shimla city are being covered under the scheme.
HP NEW RATION CARD ONLINE: Under this scheme all people whose name does not appears in the
HP Ration Card List can apply online using himachalform.nic.in
MUKHYAMANTRI BAL UDHAR YOJNA: under the scheme financial assistance is provided to children live in Child Care Institutions and the total expenditure upto December,2019 on the scheme is ₹ 250.62 lakh.
BAL BALIKA SURAKSHA YOJNA AND FOSTER CARE PROGRAMME : under the scheme an amount of ₹ 2000/- and additional ₹300/- per child per month to foster parents for the maintenance of children are sanctioned and ₹ 248.70 lakh to 960 Children has been disbursed upto December, 2019.
SELF EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE FOR WOMEN: under the scheme ₹5000/- for carrying the income generating activities by women with an annual income less than 35,000/- and an amount of ₹ 5.20 lakh provided to 104 women upto December,2019.
VISHESH MAHILA UTTHAN YOJNA: the scheme is active in Una district for training and rehabilitation of women in moral danger (victims of rape and sexual abuse) and a provision of ₹3,000/- stipend per month to each trainee is made with a budget provision of ₹112.0 crore.
SAKSHAM GUDIYA BOARD HIMACHAL PRADESH: the Board is constituted to make recommendation for the policy to empower and safety, security, upliftment and protection of girl child/adolescent girls against crime.
EK BUTA BETI KE NAAM : the scheme has been launched to sensitize people about the importance of daughters and forest conservation through this scheme. A plant /sapling along with a kit will be provided to the parents on the birth of a girl child.
UTTAM PASHU PURUSKAR YOJNA: under the scheme government has encouraged the farmers (Pashupalak) for more milk production and award the farmer for producing 15 liter and above milk in a day.
PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMMAN YOJNA: under the scheme ₹ 6,000 per annum has to be given to the farmer having less than 2.0 hectare of land.
AAYUSHMAN BHARAT PRADHAN MANTRI JAN AROGYA YOJNA (PM-JAY): under the scheme 3.08 lakh families have received golden cards and 43,813 patients have availed cashless treatment in the State.
Note : PM-JAY was launched on 23rd September, 2018 in Ranchi, Jharkhand by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
- PM-JAY is the world’s largest health insurance/ assurance scheme fully financed by the government.
- It provides a cover of 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
- Over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable entitled families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) are eligible for these benefits.
- PM-JAY provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital.
- It covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses such as diagnostics and medicines.
JAN DHAN YOJNA/PMJDY : the scheme is to tie every Indian in the rural or urban sector to the mainstream banking system. This will aid the financial status of the account holders as well as foster social Security goals of the central government.
NOTE : PM JDY was launched by PM Narendra Modi on 15 August 2014 ( Independence day speech, Red fort). -Slogan of the Scheme is “Mera Khatha, Bhagya Vidhatha. Banks in the State have covered all the households with at least one Basic Saving Deposit Account of each household.
PRADHAN MANTRI FASL VIMA YOJNA: the scheme was launched on 18 February 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi is an insurance service for farmers for their yields. It was formulated in line with One Nation–One Scheme theme by replacing earlier two schemes National Agricultural Insurance Scheme(NAIS) and Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS).
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJNA: under the scheme 759 beneficiaries have been sanctioned the awas and 65 houses have been completed upto December, 2019.
NOTE : The mission is to provide housing for all by the year 2022, by that time Nation completes 75 years of its Independence.
MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL RURAL EMPLOYMENT GUARANTEE ACT. : under this Act 181.74 lakh man days have generated by providing employment to 4,47,773 household in the State.